Convert Speed Of Sound to Meters Per Second
Enter the speed in speed of sound below to get the value converted to meters per second.
How to Convert Speed Of Sound to Meters Per Second
To convert a speed of sound measurement to a meter per second measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One speed of sound is equal to 343 meters per second, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in meters per second is equal to the speed of sound multiplied by 343.
Speed of sound and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dmtsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Speed Of Sound Measurements and Equivalent Meter Per Second Conversions
|Speed Of Sound||Meters Per Second|
More Speed Of Sound Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 666.738661 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 speed of sound is equal to Mach 1
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 1.1441E-6 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 767.269148 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 1,125.33 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 0.343 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 1,234.8 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 34,300 centimeters per second