Convert Kilometers Per Second to Meters Per Second
Learn How to Convert Kilometers Per Second to Meters Per Second Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a kilometer per second speed measurement to a meter per second measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A kilometer per second is equal to 1000 meters per second, so to convert simply multiply by 1000.
For example, 5km/sec = (5 × 1000) = 5,000m/sec.
Kilometers per second and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A kilometer per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/sec, for example 1km/sec. A meter per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m/sec, for example 1m/sec. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 1,944 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2,237 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 3,281 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 3,600 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 100,000 centimeters per second
Kilometer Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Meter Per Second Conversions
|Kilometers Per Second||Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Second||Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Second||Meters Per Second|