Kilometers per Hour to Meters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in kilometers per hour below to get the value converted to meters per second.
Do you want to convert meters per second to kilometers per hour?
How to Convert Kilometers per Hour to Meters per Second
To convert a measurement in kilometers per hour to a measurement in meters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 0.277778 meters per second/kilometer per hour.
Since one kilometer per hour is equal to 0.277778 meters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in meters per second is equal to the speed in kilometers per hour multiplied by 0.277778.
Kilometers per hour and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Kilometers per Hour?
Kilometers per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in kilometers in one hour.
The kilometer per hour, or kilometre per hour, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Kilometers per hour can be abbreviated as km/h, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kph. For example, 1 kilometer per hour can be written as 1 km/h or 1 kph.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, km/h is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Kilometers per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vkm/h = dkm / thr
The velocity in kilometers per hour is equal to the distance in kilometers divided by time in hours.
Learn more about kilometers per hour.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
Kilometer per Hour to Meter per Second Conversion Table
|Kilometers Per Hour||Meters Per Second|
|1 km/h||0.277778 m/s|
|2 km/h||0.555556 m/s|
|3 km/h||0.833333 m/s|
|4 km/h||1.1111 m/s|
|5 km/h||1.3889 m/s|
|6 km/h||1.6667 m/s|
|7 km/h||1.9444 m/s|
|8 km/h||2.2222 m/s|
|9 km/h||2.5 m/s|
|10 km/h||2.7778 m/s|
|11 km/h||3.0556 m/s|
|12 km/h||3.3333 m/s|
|13 km/h||3.6111 m/s|
|14 km/h||3.8889 m/s|
|15 km/h||4.1667 m/s|
|16 km/h||4.4444 m/s|
|17 km/h||4.7222 m/s|
|18 km/h||5 m/s|
|19 km/h||5.2778 m/s|
|20 km/h||5.5556 m/s|
|21 km/h||5.8333 m/s|
|22 km/h||6.1111 m/s|
|23 km/h||6.3889 m/s|
|24 km/h||6.6667 m/s|
|25 km/h||6.9444 m/s|
|26 km/h||7.2222 m/s|
|27 km/h||7.5 m/s|
|28 km/h||7.7778 m/s|
|29 km/h||8.0556 m/s|
|30 km/h||8.3333 m/s|
|31 km/h||8.6111 m/s|
|32 km/h||8.8889 m/s|
|33 km/h||9.1667 m/s|
|34 km/h||9.4444 m/s|
|35 km/h||9.7222 m/s|
|36 km/h||10 m/s|
|37 km/h||10.28 m/s|
|38 km/h||10.56 m/s|
|39 km/h||10.83 m/s|
|40 km/h||11.11 m/s|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Kilometer per Hour & Meter per Second Conversions
- kilometers per hour to knots
- kilometers per hour to Mach number
- kilometers per hour to speed of sound
- kilometers per hour to speed of light
- kilometers per hour to miles per hour
- kilometers per hour to feet per second
- kilometers per hour to kilometers per second
- kilometers per hour to centimeters per second
- knots to meters per second
- Mach number to meters per second
- speed of sound to meters per second
- speed of light to meters per second
- miles per hour to meters per second
- feet per second to meters per second
- kilometers per second to meters per second
- centimeters per second to meters per second