Speed of Light to Meters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in speed of light below to get the value converted to meters per second.
Do you want to convert meters per second to speed of light?
How to Convert Speed of Light to Meters per Second
To convert a measurement in speed of light to a measurement in meters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 299,792,458 meters per second/speed of light.
Since one speed of light is equal to 299,792,458 meters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in meters per second is equal to the speed in speed of light multiplied by 299,792,458.
Speed of light and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is the Speed of Light?
The speed of light is equal to exactly 299,792,458 meters per second, or 670,616,629 miles per hour. The definition of the speed of light is actually derived from the most recent 1983 international definition of the meter.
Speed of light can be abbreviated as c; for example, 1 speed of light can be written as 1 c.
Learn more about the speed of light.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, m/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
Speed of Light to Meter per Second Conversion Table
|Speed Of Light||Meters Per Second|
|0.00000001 c||2.9979 m/s|
|0.00000002 c||5.9958 m/s|
|0.00000003 c||8.9938 m/s|
|0.00000004 c||11.99 m/s|
|0.00000005 c||14.99 m/s|
|0.00000006 c||17.99 m/s|
|0.00000007 c||20.99 m/s|
|0.00000008 c||23.98 m/s|
|0.00000009 c||26.98 m/s|
|0.000000001 c||0.299792 m/s|
|0.00000001 c||2.9979 m/s|
|0.0000001 c||29.98 m/s|
|0.000001 c||299.79 m/s|
|0.00001 c||2,998 m/s|
|0.0001 c||29,979 m/s|
|0.001 c||299,792 m/s|
|0.01 c||2,997,925 m/s|
|0.1 c||29,979,246 m/s|
|1 c||299,792,458 m/s|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, SI Redefinition: Meter, https://www.nist.gov/si-redefinition/meter
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Speed of Light & Meter per Second Conversions
- speed of light to knots
- speed of light to Mach number
- speed of light to speed of sound
- speed of light to miles per hour
- speed of light to feet per second
- speed of light to kilometers per second
- speed of light to kilometers per hour
- speed of light to centimeters per second
- knots to meters per second
- Mach number to meters per second
- speed of sound to meters per second
- miles per hour to meters per second
- feet per second to meters per second
- kilometers per second to meters per second
- kilometers per hour to meters per second
- centimeters per second to meters per second