Miles per Hour to Meters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in miles per hour below to get the value converted to meters per second.
Do you want to convert meters per second to miles per hour?
How to Convert Miles per Hour to Meters per Second
To convert a measurement in miles per hour to a measurement in meters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 0.44704 meters per second/mile per hour.
Since one mile per hour is equal to 0.44704 meters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in meters per second is equal to the speed in miles per hour multiplied by 0.44704.
Miles per hour and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Miles per Hour?
Miles per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in miles in one hour.
The mile per hour is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Miles per hour can be abbreviated as mph, and are also sometimes abbreviated as mi/h or MPH. For example, 1 mile per hour can be written as 1 mph, 1 mi/h, or 1 MPH.
Miles per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vmph = dmi / thr
The velocity in miles per hour is equal to the distance in miles divided by time in hours.
Learn more about miles per hour.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, m/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
Mile per Hour to Meter per Second Conversion Table
|Miles Per Hour||Meters Per Second|
|1 mph||0.44704 m/s|
|2 mph||0.89408 m/s|
|3 mph||1.3411 m/s|
|4 mph||1.7882 m/s|
|5 mph||2.2352 m/s|
|6 mph||2.6822 m/s|
|7 mph||3.1293 m/s|
|8 mph||3.5763 m/s|
|9 mph||4.0234 m/s|
|10 mph||4.4704 m/s|
|11 mph||4.9174 m/s|
|12 mph||5.3645 m/s|
|13 mph||5.8115 m/s|
|14 mph||6.2586 m/s|
|15 mph||6.7056 m/s|
|16 mph||7.1526 m/s|
|17 mph||7.5997 m/s|
|18 mph||8.0467 m/s|
|19 mph||8.4938 m/s|
|20 mph||8.9408 m/s|
|21 mph||9.3878 m/s|
|22 mph||9.8349 m/s|
|23 mph||10.28 m/s|
|24 mph||10.73 m/s|
|25 mph||11.18 m/s|
|26 mph||11.62 m/s|
|27 mph||12.07 m/s|
|28 mph||12.52 m/s|
|29 mph||12.96 m/s|
|30 mph||13.41 m/s|
|31 mph||13.86 m/s|
|32 mph||14.31 m/s|
|33 mph||14.75 m/s|
|34 mph||15.2 m/s|
|35 mph||15.65 m/s|
|36 mph||16.09 m/s|
|37 mph||16.54 m/s|
|38 mph||16.99 m/s|
|39 mph||17.43 m/s|
|40 mph||17.88 m/s|
- Wikipedia, Miles per hour, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_hour
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Mile per Hour & Meter per Second Conversions
- miles per hour to knots
- miles per hour to Mach number
- miles per hour to speed of sound
- miles per hour to speed of light
- miles per hour to feet per second
- miles per hour to kilometers per second
- miles per hour to kilometers per hour
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- knots to meters per second
- Mach number to meters per second
- speed of sound to meters per second
- speed of light to meters per second
- feet per second to meters per second
- kilometers per second to meters per second
- kilometers per hour to meters per second
- centimeters per second to meters per second