Convert Meters Per Second to Miles Per Hour
Learn How to Convert Meters Per Second to Miles Per Hour Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a meter per second speed measurement to a mile per hour measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A meter per second is equal to 2.236936 miles per hour, so to convert simply multiply by 2.236936.
For example, 5m/sec = (5 × 2.236936) = 11.184681mph.
Meters per second and miles per hour are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A meter per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m/sec, for example 1m/sec. A mile per hour is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mph, for example 1mph. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 1.943844 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.002915 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.002915 speed of sound
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 3.28084 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.001 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 3.6 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 100 centimeters per second
Meter Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Mile Per Hour Conversions
|Meters Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Meters Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Meters Per Second||Miles Per Hour|