Meters per Second to Knots Converter
Enter the speed in meters per second below to get the value converted to knots.
Do you want to convert knots to meters per second?
How to Convert Meters per Second to Knots
To convert a measurement in meters per second to a measurement in knots, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 1.943844 knots/meter per second.
Since one meter per second is equal to 1.943844 knots, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in knots is equal to the speed in meters per second multiplied by 1.943844.
Meters per second and knots are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, m/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
Meter per Second to Knot Conversion Table
|Meters Per Second||Knots|
|1 m/s||1.9438 kn|
|2 m/s||3.8877 kn|
|3 m/s||5.8315 kn|
|4 m/s||7.7754 kn|
|5 m/s||9.7192 kn|
|6 m/s||11.66 kn|
|7 m/s||13.61 kn|
|8 m/s||15.55 kn|
|9 m/s||17.49 kn|
|10 m/s||19.44 kn|
|11 m/s||21.38 kn|
|12 m/s||23.33 kn|
|13 m/s||25.27 kn|
|14 m/s||27.21 kn|
|15 m/s||29.16 kn|
|16 m/s||31.1 kn|
|17 m/s||33.05 kn|
|18 m/s||34.99 kn|
|19 m/s||36.93 kn|
|20 m/s||38.88 kn|
|21 m/s||40.82 kn|
|22 m/s||42.76 kn|
|23 m/s||44.71 kn|
|24 m/s||46.65 kn|
|25 m/s||48.6 kn|
|26 m/s||50.54 kn|
|27 m/s||52.48 kn|
|28 m/s||54.43 kn|
|29 m/s||56.37 kn|
|30 m/s||58.32 kn|
|31 m/s||60.26 kn|
|32 m/s||62.2 kn|
|33 m/s||64.15 kn|
|34 m/s||66.09 kn|
|35 m/s||68.03 kn|
|36 m/s||69.98 kn|
|37 m/s||71.92 kn|
|38 m/s||73.87 kn|
|39 m/s||75.81 kn|
|40 m/s||77.75 kn|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
- NASA, Knots Versus Miles per Hour, https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/WindTunnel/Activities/knots_vs_mph.html
More Meter per Second & Knot Conversions
- meters per second to Mach number
- meters per second to speed of sound
- meters per second to speed of light
- meters per second to miles per hour
- meters per second to feet per second
- meters per second to kilometers per second
- meters per second to kilometers per hour
- meters per second to centimeters per second
- Mach number to knots
- speed of sound to knots
- speed of light to knots
- miles per hour to knots
- feet per second to knots
- kilometers per second to knots
- kilometers per hour to knots
- centimeters per second to knots