Meters per Second to Kilometers per Hour Converter
Enter the speed in meters per second below to get the value converted to kilometers per hour.
Do you want to convert kilometers per hour to meters per second?
How to Convert Meters per Second to Kilometers per Hour
To convert a measurement in meters per second to a measurement in kilometers per hour, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 3.6 kilometers per hour/meter per second.
Since one meter per second is equal to 3.6 kilometers per hour, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in kilometers per hour is equal to the speed in meters per second multiplied by 3.6.
Meters per second and kilometers per hour are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, m/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
What Are Kilometers per Hour?
Kilometers per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in kilometers in one hour.
The kilometer per hour, or kilometre per hour, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Kilometers per hour can be abbreviated as km/h, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kph. For example, 1 kilometer per hour can be written as 1 km/h or 1 kph.
Kilometers per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vkm/h = dkm / thr
The velocity in kilometers per hour is equal to the distance in kilometers divided by time in hours.
Learn more about kilometers per hour.
Meter per Second to Kilometer per Hour Conversion Table
|Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour|
|1 m/s||3.6 km/h|
|2 m/s||7.2 km/h|
|3 m/s||10.8 km/h|
|4 m/s||14.4 km/h|
|5 m/s||18 km/h|
|6 m/s||21.6 km/h|
|7 m/s||25.2 km/h|
|8 m/s||28.8 km/h|
|9 m/s||32.4 km/h|
|10 m/s||36 km/h|
|11 m/s||39.6 km/h|
|12 m/s||43.2 km/h|
|13 m/s||46.8 km/h|
|14 m/s||50.4 km/h|
|15 m/s||54 km/h|
|16 m/s||57.6 km/h|
|17 m/s||61.2 km/h|
|18 m/s||64.8 km/h|
|19 m/s||68.4 km/h|
|20 m/s||72 km/h|
|21 m/s||75.6 km/h|
|22 m/s||79.2 km/h|
|23 m/s||82.8 km/h|
|24 m/s||86.4 km/h|
|25 m/s||90 km/h|
|26 m/s||93.6 km/h|
|27 m/s||97.2 km/h|
|28 m/s||100.8 km/h|
|29 m/s||104.4 km/h|
|30 m/s||108 km/h|
|31 m/s||111.6 km/h|
|32 m/s||115.2 km/h|
|33 m/s||118.8 km/h|
|34 m/s||122.4 km/h|
|35 m/s||126 km/h|
|36 m/s||129.6 km/h|
|37 m/s||133.2 km/h|
|38 m/s||136.8 km/h|
|39 m/s||140.4 km/h|
|40 m/s||144 km/h|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Meter per Second & Kilometer per Hour Conversions
- meters per second to knots
- meters per second to Mach number
- meters per second to speed of sound
- meters per second to speed of light
- meters per second to miles per hour
- meters per second to feet per second
- meters per second to kilometers per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second
- knots to kilometers per hour
- Mach number to kilometers per hour
- speed of sound to kilometers per hour
- speed of light to kilometers per hour
- miles per hour to kilometers per hour
- feet per second to kilometers per hour
- kilometers per second to kilometers per hour
- centimeters per second to kilometers per hour