Convert Meters Per Second to Kilometers Per Hour
Learn How to Convert Meters Per Second to Kilometers Per Hour Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a meter per second speed measurement to a kilometer per hour measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A meter per second is equal to 3.6 kilometers per hour, so to convert simply multiply by 3.6.
For example, 5m/sec = (5 × 3.6) = 18km/h.
Meters per second and kilometers per hour are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A meter per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m/sec, for example 1m/sec. A kilometer per hour is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/h, for example 1km/h. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 1.943844 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.002915 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.002915 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 2.236936 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 3.28084 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 0.001 kilometers per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1m/sec is equal to 100 centimeters per second
Meter Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Kilometer Per Hour Conversions
|Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour||Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour||Meters Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour|