Knots to Kilometers per Hour Converter
Enter the speed in knots below to get the value converted to kilometers per hour.
Do you want to convert kilometers per hour to knots?
How to Convert Knots to Kilometers per Hour
To convert a knot measurement to a kilometer per hour measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio.
Since one knot is equal to 1.852 kilometers per hour, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in kilometers per hour is equal to the knots multiplied by 1.852.
Knots and kilometers per hour are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Knot?
One knot is equal to a speed of one nautical mile per hour, or one minute of latitude per hour.
Knots can be abbreviated as kn, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kt. For example, 1 knot can be written as 1 kn or 1 kt.
Learn more about knots.
What Are Kilometers per Hour?
Kilometers per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in kilometers in one hour.
The kilometer per hour, or kilometre per hour, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Kilometers per hour can be abbreviated as km/h, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kph. For example, 1 kilometer per hour can be written as 1 km/h or 1 kph.
In formal expressions, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to separate units used to indicate division in an expression.
Kilometers per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vkm/h = dkm / thr
The velocity in kilometers per hour is equal to the distance in kilometers divided by time in hours.
Learn more about kilometers per hour.
Knot to Kilometer per Hour Conversion Table
|Knots||Kilometers Per Hour|
|1 kn||1.852 km/h|
|2 kn||3.704 km/h|
|3 kn||5.556 km/h|
|4 kn||7.408 km/h|
|5 kn||9.26 km/h|
|6 kn||11.11 km/h|
|7 kn||12.96 km/h|
|8 kn||14.82 km/h|
|9 kn||16.67 km/h|
|10 kn||18.52 km/h|
|11 kn||20.37 km/h|
|12 kn||22.22 km/h|
|13 kn||24.08 km/h|
|14 kn||25.93 km/h|
|15 kn||27.78 km/h|
|16 kn||29.63 km/h|
|17 kn||31.48 km/h|
|18 kn||33.34 km/h|
|19 kn||35.19 km/h|
|20 kn||37.04 km/h|
|21 kn||38.89 km/h|
|22 kn||40.74 km/h|
|23 kn||42.6 km/h|
|24 kn||44.45 km/h|
|25 kn||46.3 km/h|
|26 kn||48.15 km/h|
|27 kn||50 km/h|
|28 kn||51.86 km/h|
|29 kn||53.71 km/h|
|30 kn||55.56 km/h|
|31 kn||57.41 km/h|
|32 kn||59.26 km/h|
|33 kn||61.12 km/h|
|34 kn||62.97 km/h|
|35 kn||64.82 km/h|
|36 kn||66.67 km/h|
|37 kn||68.52 km/h|
|38 kn||70.38 km/h|
|39 kn||72.23 km/h|
|40 kn||74.08 km/h|
- NASA, Knots Versus Miles per Hour, https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/WindTunnel/Activities/knots_vs_mph.html
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Knot & Kilometer per Hour Conversions
- knots to Mach number
- knots to speed of sound
- knots to speed of light
- knots to miles per hour
- knots to feet per second
- knots to kilometers per second
- knots to meters per second
- knots to centimeters per second
- Mach number to kilometers per hour
- speed of sound to kilometers per hour
- speed of light to kilometers per hour
- miles per hour to kilometers per hour
- feet per second to kilometers per hour
- kilometers per second to kilometers per hour
- meters per second to kilometers per hour
- centimeters per second to kilometers per hour