Convert Knots to Kilometers Per Second
Learn How to Convert Knots to Kilometers Per Second Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a knot speed measurement to a kilometer per second measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A knot is equal to 0.000514 kilometers per second, so to convert simply multiply by 0.000514.
For example, 5kn = (5 × 0.000514) = 0.002572km/sec.
Knots and kilometers per second are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A knot is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as kn, for example 1kn. A kilometer per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/sec, for example 1km/sec. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.0015 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.0015 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.150779 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.68781 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.852 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.514444 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 51.444444 centimeters per second
Knot Measurements and Equivalent Kilometer Per Second Conversions
|Knots||Kilometers Per Second||Knots||Kilometers Per Second||Knots||Kilometers Per Second|