Convert Knots to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in knots below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Knots to Speed Of Sound
To convert a knot measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One knot is equal to 0.0015 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the knots multiplied by 0.0015.
Knots and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
Knots can be abbreviated as kn, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kt. For example, 1 knot can be written as 1 kn or 1 kt.
Knot Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Knots||Speed Of Sound|
More Knot Speed Conversions
- Convert to Mach
- 1 kn is equal to Mach 0.0015
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 kn is equal to 1.716E-9 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 kn is equal to 1.150779 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 1.68781 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 0.000514 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 kn is equal to 1.852 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 0.514444 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 51.444444 centimeters per second