Convert Knots to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in knots below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Knots to Speed Of Sound
To convert a knot measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One knot is equal to 0.0015 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the knots multiplied by 0.0015.
Knots and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
Knots can be abbreviated as kn, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kt. For example, 1 knot can be written as 1 kn or 1 kt.
Knot Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Knots||Speed Of Sound|
More Knot Speed Conversions
- Convert to Mach
- 1 kn is equal to Mach 0.0015
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 kn is equal to 1.716E-9 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 kn is equal to 1.150779 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 1.68781 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 0.000514 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 kn is equal to 1.852 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 0.514444 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 kn is equal to 51.444444 centimeters per second
Unit of Measurement Conversion Made Easy!
There are thousands of units of measure in use across the globe, and converting from one to another can be very difficult since each conversion requires a different formula to derive the result. Our unit of measurement conversion tools are meant to be dead easy. We break the mold of the typical dry and complicated experience. In addition to converting from one measurement to another, we provide the formula so you can see how the conversion is done, use it on you’re own calculator if you need to!
Understanding the Metric System
The metric system makes it relatively easy to convert from one metric unit to another metric unit. The metric system uses a base unit, think meters or grams, and a prefix such as kilo or milli. The prefixes differ from the base units by differing powers of 10. So to convert within the metric system it’s usually a matter of multiplying or dividing by one of the powers of 10.
Here is a list of some of the common metric prefixes:
- “kilo” – 1,000x larger
- “hecto” – 100x larger
- “deca” – 10x larger
- “deci” – 10x smaller
- “centi” – 100x smaller
- “milli” – 1,000x smaller
There is a helpful mnemonic for remembering the prefixes: “King Henry Died Until Drinking Chocolate Milk.”
The u in Until refers to the base unit.