Convert Miles Per Hour to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in miles per hour below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Miles Per Hour to Speed Of Sound
To convert a mile per hour measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One mile per hour is equal to 0.001303 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the miles per hour multiplied by 0.001303.
Miles per hour and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The mile per hour is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Miles per hour can be abbreviated as mph, and are also sometimes abbreviated as mi/h or MPH. For example, 1 mile per hour can be written as 1 mph, 1 mi/h, or 1 MPH.
Miles per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vmph = dmithr
The velocity in miles per hour is equal to the distance in miles divided by time in hours.
Mile Per Hour Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Miles Per Hour||Speed Of Sound|
More Mile Per Hour Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 mph is equal to 0.868976 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 mph is equal to Mach 0.001303
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 mph is equal to 1.4912E-9 speed of light
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 mph is equal to 1.466667 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 mph is equal to 0.000447 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 mph is equal to 1.609344 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 mph is equal to 0.44704 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 mph is equal to 44.704 centimeters per second