Convert Meters Per Second to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in meters per second below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Meters Per Second to Speed Of Sound
To convert a meter per second measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One meter per second is equal to 0.002915 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the meters per second multiplied by 0.002915.
Meters per second and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dmtsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Meter Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Meters Per Second||Speed Of Sound|
More Meter Per Second Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 m/s is equal to 1.943844 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 m/s is equal to Mach 0.002915
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 m/s is equal to 3.3356E-9 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 m/s is equal to 2.236936 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 m/s is equal to 3.28084 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 m/s is equal to 0.001 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 m/s is equal to 3.6 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 m/s is equal to 100 centimeters per second