Convert Kilometers Per Second to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in kilometers per second below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Kilometers Per Second to Speed Of Sound
To convert a kilometer per second measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One kilometer per second is equal to 2.915452 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the kilometers per second multiplied by 2.915452.
Kilometers per second and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The kilometer per second, or kilometre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Kilometers per second can be abbreviated as km/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as km/sec. For example, 1 kilometer per second can be written as 1 km/s or 1 km/sec.
Kilometers per second can be expressed using the formula:
vkm/s = dkmtsec
The velocity in kilometers per second is equal to the distance in kilometers divided by time in seconds.
Kilometer Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Kilometers Per Second||Speed Of Sound|
More Kilometer Per Second Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 km/s is equal to 1,943.84 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 km/s is equal to Mach 2.915452
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 km/s is equal to 3.3356E-6 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 km/s is equal to 2,236.94 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second
- 1 km/s is equal to 3,280.84 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 km/s is equal to 3,600 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 km/s is equal to 1,000 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 km/s is equal to 100,000 centimeters per second