Convert Kilometers Per Second to Miles Per Hour
Learn How to Convert Kilometers Per Second to Miles Per Hour Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a kilometer per second speed measurement to a mile per hour measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A kilometer per second is equal to 2236.936292 miles per hour, so to convert simply multiply by 2236.936292.
For example, 5km/sec = (5 × 2236.936292) = 11,184.68146mph.
Kilometers per second and miles per hour are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A kilometer per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/sec, for example 1km/sec. A mile per hour is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mph, for example 1mph. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 1,944 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 speed of sound
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 3,281 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 3,600 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 1,000 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 100,000 centimeters per second
Kilometer Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Mile Per Hour Conversions
|Kilometers Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Miles Per Hour|