Convert Kilometers Per Second to Kilometers Per Hour
Learn How to Convert Kilometers Per Second to Kilometers Per Hour Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a kilometer per second speed measurement to a kilometer per hour measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A kilometer per second is equal to 3600 kilometers per hour, so to convert simply multiply by 3600.
For example, 5km/sec = (5 × 3600) = 18,000km/h.
Kilometers per second and kilometers per hour are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A kilometer per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/sec, for example 1km/sec. A kilometer per hour is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/h, for example 1km/h. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 1,944 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2.915452 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 2,237 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 3,281 feet per second
- Convert to Meters Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 1,000 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1km/sec is equal to 100,000 centimeters per second
Kilometer Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Kilometer Per Hour Conversions
|Kilometers Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Kilometers Per Hour|