Speed of Sound to Miles per Hour Converter
Enter the speed in speed of sound below to get the value converted to miles per hour.
Do you want to convert miles per hour to speed of sound?
How to Convert Speed of Sound to Miles per Hour
To convert a measurement in speed of sound to a measurement in miles per hour, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 767.269148 miles per hour/speed of sound.
Since one speed of sound is equal to 767.269148 miles per hour, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in miles per hour is equal to the speed in speed of sound multiplied by 767.269148.
Speed of sound and miles per hour are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is the Speed of Sound?
The speed of sound is the distance a sound wave travels through an elastic medium. The speed of sound through air at 20 °C is equal to 343 meters per second, or roughly 767 miles per hour.
Speed of sound can be abbreviated as sound; for example, 1 speed of sound can be written as 1 sound.
Learn more about the speed of sound.
What Are Miles per Hour?
Miles per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in miles in one hour.
The mile per hour is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Miles per hour can be abbreviated as mph, and are also sometimes abbreviated as mi/h or MPH. For example, 1 mile per hour can be written as 1 mph, 1 mi/h, or 1 MPH.
Miles per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vmph = dmi / thr
The velocity in miles per hour is equal to the distance in miles divided by time in hours.
Learn more about miles per hour.
Speed of Sound to Mile per Hour Conversion Table
|Speed Of Sound||Miles Per Hour|
|1 sound||767.27 mph|
|2 sound||1,535 mph|
|3 sound||2,302 mph|
|4 sound||3,069 mph|
|5 sound||3,836 mph|
|6 sound||4,604 mph|
|7 sound||5,371 mph|
|8 sound||6,138 mph|
|9 sound||6,905 mph|
|10 sound||7,673 mph|
|11 sound||8,440 mph|
|12 sound||9,207 mph|
|13 sound||9,974 mph|
|14 sound||10,742 mph|
|15 sound||11,509 mph|
|16 sound||12,276 mph|
|17 sound||13,044 mph|
|18 sound||13,811 mph|
|19 sound||14,578 mph|
|20 sound||15,345 mph|
|21 sound||16,113 mph|
|22 sound||16,880 mph|
|23 sound||17,647 mph|
|24 sound||18,414 mph|
|25 sound||19,182 mph|
|26 sound||19,949 mph|
|27 sound||20,716 mph|
|28 sound||21,484 mph|
|29 sound||22,251 mph|
|30 sound||23,018 mph|
|31 sound||23,785 mph|
|32 sound||24,553 mph|
|33 sound||25,320 mph|
|34 sound||26,087 mph|
|35 sound||26,854 mph|
|36 sound||27,622 mph|
|37 sound||28,389 mph|
|38 sound||29,156 mph|
|39 sound||29,923 mph|
|40 sound||30,691 mph|
- CK-12, Speed of Sound, https://www.ck12.org/physics/speed-of-sound/lesson/Speed-of-Sound-MS-PS/
- Wikipedia, Miles per hour, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_hour
More Speed of Sound & Mile per Hour Conversions
- speed of sound to knots
- speed of sound to Mach number
- speed of sound to speed of light
- speed of sound to feet per second
- speed of sound to kilometers per second
- speed of sound to kilometers per hour
- speed of sound to meters per second
- speed of sound to centimeters per second
- knots to miles per hour
- Mach number to miles per hour
- speed of light to miles per hour
- feet per second to miles per hour
- kilometers per second to miles per hour
- kilometers per hour to miles per hour
- meters per second to miles per hour
- centimeters per second to miles per hour