Convert Speed Of Sound to Feet Per Second
Enter the speed in speed of sound below to get the value converted to feet per second.
How to Convert Speed Of Sound to Feet Per Second
To convert a speed of sound measurement to a foot per second measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One speed of sound is equal to 1,125.328084 feet per second, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in feet per second is equal to the speed of sound multiplied by 1,125.328084.
Speed of sound and feet per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The foot per second is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Feet per second can be abbreviated as ft/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as ft/sec or fps. For example, 1 foot per second can be written as 1 ft/s, 1 ft/sec, or 1 fps.
Feet per second can be expressed using the formula:
vft/s = dfttsec
The velocity in feet per second is equal to the distance in feet divided by time in seconds.
Speed Of Sound Measurements and Equivalent Foot Per Second Conversions
|Speed Of Sound||Feet Per Second|
More Speed Of Sound Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 666.738661 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 speed of sound is equal to Mach 1
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 1.1441E-6 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 767.269148 miles per hour
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 0.343 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 1,234.8 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 343 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 speed of sound is equal to 34,300 centimeters per second