Miles per Hour to Feet per Second Converter
Enter the speed in miles per hour below to get the value converted to feet per second.
Do you want to convert feet per second to miles per hour?
How to Convert Miles per Hour to Feet per Second
To convert a measurement in miles per hour to a measurement in feet per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 1.466667 feet per second/mile per hour.
Since one mile per hour is equal to 1.466667 feet per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in feet per second is equal to the speed in miles per hour multiplied by 1.466667.
Miles per hour and feet per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Miles per Hour?
Miles per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in miles in one hour.
The mile per hour is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Miles per hour can be abbreviated as mph, and are also sometimes abbreviated as mi/h or MPH. For example, 1 mile per hour can be written as 1 mph, 1 mi/h, or 1 MPH.
Miles per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vmph = dmi / thr
The velocity in miles per hour is equal to the distance in miles divided by time in hours.
Learn more about miles per hour.
What Are Feet per Second?
Feet per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in feet in one second.
The foot per second is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Feet per second can be abbreviated as ft/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as ft/sec or fps. For example, 1 foot per second can be written as 1 ft/s, 1 ft/sec, or 1 fps.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, ft/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Feet per second can be expressed using the formula:
vft/s = dft / tsec
The velocity in feet per second is equal to the distance in feet divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about feet per second.
Mile per Hour to Foot per Second Conversion Table
|Miles Per Hour||Feet Per Second|
|1 mph||1.4667 ft/s|
|2 mph||2.9333 ft/s|
|3 mph||4.4 ft/s|
|4 mph||5.8667 ft/s|
|5 mph||7.3333 ft/s|
|6 mph||8.8 ft/s|
|7 mph||10.27 ft/s|
|8 mph||11.73 ft/s|
|9 mph||13.2 ft/s|
|10 mph||14.67 ft/s|
|11 mph||16.13 ft/s|
|12 mph||17.6 ft/s|
|13 mph||19.07 ft/s|
|14 mph||20.53 ft/s|
|15 mph||22 ft/s|
|16 mph||23.47 ft/s|
|17 mph||24.93 ft/s|
|18 mph||26.4 ft/s|
|19 mph||27.87 ft/s|
|20 mph||29.33 ft/s|
|21 mph||30.8 ft/s|
|22 mph||32.27 ft/s|
|23 mph||33.73 ft/s|
|24 mph||35.2 ft/s|
|25 mph||36.67 ft/s|
|26 mph||38.13 ft/s|
|27 mph||39.6 ft/s|
|28 mph||41.07 ft/s|
|29 mph||42.53 ft/s|
|30 mph||44 ft/s|
|31 mph||45.47 ft/s|
|32 mph||46.93 ft/s|
|33 mph||48.4 ft/s|
|34 mph||49.87 ft/s|
|35 mph||51.33 ft/s|
|36 mph||52.8 ft/s|
|37 mph||54.27 ft/s|
|38 mph||55.73 ft/s|
|39 mph||57.2 ft/s|
|40 mph||58.67 ft/s|
- Wikipedia, Miles per hour, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_hour
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Mile per Hour & Foot per Second Conversions
- miles per hour to knots
- miles per hour to Mach number
- miles per hour to speed of sound
- miles per hour to speed of light
- miles per hour to kilometers per second
- miles per hour to kilometers per hour
- miles per hour to meters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- knots to feet per second
- Mach number to feet per second
- speed of sound to feet per second
- speed of light to feet per second
- kilometers per second to feet per second
- kilometers per hour to feet per second
- meters per second to feet per second
- centimeters per second to feet per second