Convert Miles Per Hour to Kilometers Per Second
Learn How to Convert Miles Per Hour to Kilometers Per Second Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a mile per hour speed measurement to a kilometer per second measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A mile per hour is equal to 0.000447 kilometers per second, so to convert simply multiply by 0.000447.
For example, 5mph = (5 × 0.000447) = 0.002235km/sec.
Miles per hour and kilometers per second are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A mile per hour is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mph, for example 1mph. A kilometer per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km/sec, for example 1km/sec. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1mph is equal to 0.868976 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1mph is equal to 0.001303 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1mph is equal to 0.001303 speed of sound
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1mph is equal to 1.466667 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1mph is equal to 1.609344 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second Speed
- 1mph is equal to 0.44704 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1mph is equal to 44.704 centimeters per second
Mile Per Hour Measurements and Equivalent Kilometer Per Second Conversions
|Miles Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second||Miles Per Hour||Kilometers Per Second|