Convert Feet Per Second to Speed Of Sound
Enter the speed in feet per second below to get the value converted to speed of sound.
How to Convert Feet Per Second to Speed Of Sound
To convert a foot per second measurement to a speed of sound measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio. One foot per second is equal to 0.000889 speed of sound, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of sound is equal to the feet per second multiplied by 0.000889.
Feet per second and speed of sound are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The foot per second is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Feet per second can be abbreviated as ft/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as ft/sec or fps. For example, 1 foot per second can be written as 1 ft/s, 1 ft/sec, or 1 fps.
Feet per second can be expressed using the formula:
vft/s = dfttsec
The velocity in feet per second is equal to the distance in feet divided by time in seconds.
Foot Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Speed Of Sound Conversions
|Feet Per Second||Speed Of Sound|
More Foot Per Second Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots
- 1 ft/s is equal to 0.592484 knots
- Convert to Mach
- 1 ft/s is equal to Mach 0.000889
- Convert to Speed Of Light
- 1 ft/s is equal to 1.0167E-9 speed of light
- Convert to Miles Per Hour
- 1 ft/s is equal to 0.681818 miles per hour
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second
- 1 ft/s is equal to 0.000305 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour
- 1 ft/s is equal to 1.09728 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Meters Per Second
- 1 ft/s is equal to 0.3048 meters per second
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second
- 1 ft/s is equal to 30.48 centimeters per second