Convert Feet Per Second to Meters Per Second
Enter your foot per second value in the form below to get the value calculated in meters per second.
How to Convert Feet Per Second to Meters Per Second Using an Easy Conversion Formula
Converting a foot per second speed measurement to a meter per second measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A foot per second is equal to 0.3048 meters per second, so to convert simply multiply by 0.3048.
Feet per second and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A foot per second is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as ft/sec, for example 1ft/sec. A meter per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m/sec, for example 1m/sec. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
Foot Per Second Measurements and Equivalent Meter Per Second Conversions
|Feet Per Second||Meters Per Second||Feet Per Second||Meters Per Second||Feet Per Second||Meters Per Second|
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Knots Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 0.592484 knots
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 0.000889 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 0.000889 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 0.681818 miles per hour
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 0.000305 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 1.09728 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1ft/sec is equal to 30.48 centimeters per second