Feet per Second to Meters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in feet per second below to get the value converted to meters per second.
Do you want to convert meters per second to feet per second?
How to Convert Feet per Second to Meters per Second
To convert a foot per second measurement to a meter per second measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio.
Since one foot per second is equal to 0.3048 meters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in meters per second is equal to the feet per second multiplied by 0.3048.
Feet per second and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Feet per Second?
Feet per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in feet in one second.
The foot per second is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Feet per second can be abbreviated as ft/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as ft/sec or fps. For example, 1 foot per second can be written as 1 ft/s, 1 ft/sec, or 1 fps.
In formal expressions, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to separate units used to indicate division in an expression.
Feet per second can be expressed using the formula:
vft/s = dft / tsec
The velocity in feet per second is equal to the distance in feet divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about feet per second.
What Are Meters per Second?
Meters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in meters in one second.
The meter per second, or metre per second, is the SI derived unit for speed in the metric system. Meters per second can be abbreviated as m/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as m/sec. For example, 1 meter per second can be written as 1 m/s or 1 m/sec.
Meters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dm / tsec
The velocity in meters per second is equal to the distance in meters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about meters per second.
Foot per Second to Meter per Second Conversion Table
|Feet Per Second||Meters Per Second|
|1 ft/s||0.3048 m/s|
|2 ft/s||0.6096 m/s|
|3 ft/s||0.9144 m/s|
|4 ft/s||1.2192 m/s|
|5 ft/s||1.524 m/s|
|6 ft/s||1.8288 m/s|
|7 ft/s||2.1336 m/s|
|8 ft/s||2.4384 m/s|
|9 ft/s||2.7432 m/s|
|10 ft/s||3.048 m/s|
|11 ft/s||3.3528 m/s|
|12 ft/s||3.6576 m/s|
|13 ft/s||3.9624 m/s|
|14 ft/s||4.2672 m/s|
|15 ft/s||4.572 m/s|
|16 ft/s||4.8768 m/s|
|17 ft/s||5.1816 m/s|
|18 ft/s||5.4864 m/s|
|19 ft/s||5.7912 m/s|
|20 ft/s||6.096 m/s|
|21 ft/s||6.4008 m/s|
|22 ft/s||6.7056 m/s|
|23 ft/s||7.0104 m/s|
|24 ft/s||7.3152 m/s|
|25 ft/s||7.62 m/s|
|26 ft/s||7.9248 m/s|
|27 ft/s||8.2296 m/s|
|28 ft/s||8.5344 m/s|
|29 ft/s||8.8392 m/s|
|30 ft/s||9.144 m/s|
|31 ft/s||9.4488 m/s|
|32 ft/s||9.7536 m/s|
|33 ft/s||10.06 m/s|
|34 ft/s||10.36 m/s|
|35 ft/s||10.67 m/s|
|36 ft/s||10.97 m/s|
|37 ft/s||11.28 m/s|
|38 ft/s||11.58 m/s|
|39 ft/s||11.89 m/s|
|40 ft/s||12.19 m/s|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Foot per Second & Meter per Second Conversions
- feet per second to knots
- feet per second to Mach number
- feet per second to speed of sound
- feet per second to speed of light
- feet per second to miles per hour
- feet per second to kilometers per second
- feet per second to kilometers per hour
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- knots to meters per second
- Mach number to meters per second
- speed of sound to meters per second
- speed of light to meters per second
- miles per hour to meters per second
- kilometers per second to meters per second
- kilometers per hour to meters per second
- centimeters per second to meters per second