Convert Knots to Meters Per Second
Enter your knot value in the form below to get the value calculated in meters per second.
How to Convert Knots to Meters Per Second Using an Easy Conversion Formula
Converting a knot speed measurement to a meter per second measurement involves multiplying your speed by the conversion ratio to find the result. A knot is equal to 0.514444 meters per second, so to convert simply multiply by 0.514444.
Knots and meters per second are both units used to measure speed. Learn more about speed and find more speed measurement conversion calculators. A knot is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as kn, for example 1kn. A meter per second is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m/sec, for example 1m/sec. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
Knot Measurements and Equivalent Meter Per Second Conversions
|Knots||Meters Per Second||Knots||Meters Per Second||Knots||Meters Per Second|
More Speed Conversions
- Convert to Mach Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.0015 mach
- Convert to Speed Of Sound Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.0015 speed of sound
- Convert to Miles Per Hour Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.150779 miles per hour
- Convert to Feet Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.68781 feet per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 0.000514 kilometers per second
- Convert to Kilometers Per Hour Speed
- 1kn is equal to 1.852 kilometers per hour
- Convert to Centimeters Per Second Speed
- 1kn is equal to 51.444444 centimeters per second