Knots to Centimeters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in knots below to get the value converted to centimeters per second.
Do you want to convert centimeters per second to knots?
How to Convert Knots to Centimeters per Second
To convert a measurement in knots to a measurement in centimeters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 51.444444 centimeters per second/knot.
Since one knot is equal to 51.444444 centimeters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in centimeters per second is equal to the speed in knots multiplied by 51.444444.
Knots and centimeters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is a Knot?
One knot is equal to a speed of one nautical mile per hour, or one minute of latitude per hour.
Knots can be abbreviated as kn, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kt. For example, 1 knot can be written as 1 kn or 1 kt.
Learn more about knots.
What Are Centimeters per Second?
Centimeters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in centimeters in one second.
The centimeter per second, or centimetre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Centimeters per second can be abbreviated as cm/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as cm/sec. For example, 1 centimeter per second can be written as 1 cm/s or 1 cm/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, cm/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Centimeters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dcm / tsec
The velocity in centimeters per second is equal to the distance in centimeters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about centimeters per second.
Knot to Centimeter per Second Conversion Table
|Knots||Centimeters Per Second|
|1 kn||51.44 cm/s|
|2 kn||102.89 cm/s|
|3 kn||154.33 cm/s|
|4 kn||205.78 cm/s|
|5 kn||257.22 cm/s|
|6 kn||308.67 cm/s|
|7 kn||360.11 cm/s|
|8 kn||411.56 cm/s|
|9 kn||463 cm/s|
|10 kn||514.44 cm/s|
|11 kn||565.89 cm/s|
|12 kn||617.33 cm/s|
|13 kn||668.78 cm/s|
|14 kn||720.22 cm/s|
|15 kn||771.67 cm/s|
|16 kn||823.11 cm/s|
|17 kn||874.56 cm/s|
|18 kn||926 cm/s|
|19 kn||977.44 cm/s|
|20 kn||1,029 cm/s|
|21 kn||1,080 cm/s|
|22 kn||1,132 cm/s|
|23 kn||1,183 cm/s|
|24 kn||1,235 cm/s|
|25 kn||1,286 cm/s|
|26 kn||1,338 cm/s|
|27 kn||1,389 cm/s|
|28 kn||1,440 cm/s|
|29 kn||1,492 cm/s|
|30 kn||1,543 cm/s|
|31 kn||1,595 cm/s|
|32 kn||1,646 cm/s|
|33 kn||1,698 cm/s|
|34 kn||1,749 cm/s|
|35 kn||1,801 cm/s|
|36 kn||1,852 cm/s|
|37 kn||1,903 cm/s|
|38 kn||1,955 cm/s|
|39 kn||2,006 cm/s|
|40 kn||2,058 cm/s|
- NASA, Knots Versus Miles per Hour, https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/WindTunnel/Activities/knots_vs_mph.html
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Knot & Centimeter per Second Conversions
- knots to Mach number
- knots to speed of sound
- knots to speed of light
- knots to miles per hour
- knots to feet per second
- knots to kilometers per second
- knots to kilometers per hour
- knots to meters per second
- Mach number to centimeters per second
- speed of sound to centimeters per second
- speed of light to centimeters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per hour to centimeters per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second