Kilometers per Hour to Centimeters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in kilometers per hour below to get the value converted to centimeters per second.
Do you want to convert centimeters per second to kilometers per hour?
How to Convert Kilometers per Hour to Centimeters per Second
To convert a measurement in kilometers per hour to a measurement in centimeters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 27.777778 centimeters per second/kilometer per hour.
Since one kilometer per hour is equal to 27.777778 centimeters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in centimeters per second is equal to the speed in kilometers per hour multiplied by 27.777778.
Kilometers per hour and centimeters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Kilometers per Hour?
Kilometers per hour are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in kilometers in one hour.
The kilometer per hour, or kilometre per hour, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Kilometers per hour can be abbreviated as km/h, and are also sometimes abbreviated as kph. For example, 1 kilometer per hour can be written as 1 km/h or 1 kph.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, km/h is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Kilometers per hour can be expressed using the formula:
vkm/h = dkm / thr
The velocity in kilometers per hour is equal to the distance in kilometers divided by time in hours.
Learn more about kilometers per hour.
What Are Centimeters per Second?
Centimeters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in centimeters in one second.
The centimeter per second, or centimetre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Centimeters per second can be abbreviated as cm/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as cm/sec. For example, 1 centimeter per second can be written as 1 cm/s or 1 cm/sec.
Centimeters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dcm / tsec
The velocity in centimeters per second is equal to the distance in centimeters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about centimeters per second.
Kilometer per Hour to Centimeter per Second Conversion Table
|Kilometers Per Hour||Centimeters Per Second|
|1 km/h||27.78 cm/s|
|2 km/h||55.56 cm/s|
|3 km/h||83.33 cm/s|
|4 km/h||111.11 cm/s|
|5 km/h||138.89 cm/s|
|6 km/h||166.67 cm/s|
|7 km/h||194.44 cm/s|
|8 km/h||222.22 cm/s|
|9 km/h||250 cm/s|
|10 km/h||277.78 cm/s|
|11 km/h||305.56 cm/s|
|12 km/h||333.33 cm/s|
|13 km/h||361.11 cm/s|
|14 km/h||388.89 cm/s|
|15 km/h||416.67 cm/s|
|16 km/h||444.44 cm/s|
|17 km/h||472.22 cm/s|
|18 km/h||500 cm/s|
|19 km/h||527.78 cm/s|
|20 km/h||555.56 cm/s|
|21 km/h||583.33 cm/s|
|22 km/h||611.11 cm/s|
|23 km/h||638.89 cm/s|
|24 km/h||666.67 cm/s|
|25 km/h||694.44 cm/s|
|26 km/h||722.22 cm/s|
|27 km/h||750 cm/s|
|28 km/h||777.78 cm/s|
|29 km/h||805.56 cm/s|
|30 km/h||833.33 cm/s|
|31 km/h||861.11 cm/s|
|32 km/h||888.89 cm/s|
|33 km/h||916.67 cm/s|
|34 km/h||944.44 cm/s|
|35 km/h||972.22 cm/s|
|36 km/h||1,000 cm/s|
|37 km/h||1,028 cm/s|
|38 km/h||1,056 cm/s|
|39 km/h||1,083 cm/s|
|40 km/h||1,111 cm/s|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Kilometer per Hour & Centimeter per Second Conversions
- kilometers per hour to knots
- kilometers per hour to Mach number
- kilometers per hour to speed of sound
- kilometers per hour to speed of light
- kilometers per hour to miles per hour
- kilometers per hour to feet per second
- kilometers per hour to kilometers per second
- kilometers per hour to meters per second
- knots to centimeters per second
- Mach number to centimeters per second
- speed of sound to centimeters per second
- speed of light to centimeters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per second to centimeters per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second