Mach Number to Centimeters per Second Converter
Enter the Mach number below to convert the speed to centimeters per second.
Do you want to convert centimeters per second to Mach number?
How to Convert Mach Number to Centimeters per Second
To convert a Mach measurement to a centimeter per second measurement, multiply the Mach number by the conversion ratio. Mach 1 is equal to 34,300 centimeters per second, so use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in centimeters per second is equal to the Mach number multiplied by 34,300.
Mach number and centimeters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is Mach Number?
Mach, sometimes also referred to as a Mach number, is the ratio of the speed of an object to the speed of sound.
Mach can be abbreviated as M, and is also sometimes abbreviated as Ma. For example, Mach 1 can be written as 1 M or 1 Ma.
Although Mach can be abbreviated M or Ma, the Mach number is typically expressed with the number after the unit name. For example, the expression Mach 3 is preferred rather than 3 Machs or 3 M.
The speed is classified as either subsonic, transonic, supersonic, or hypersonic depending on the Mach number.
|Speed Classification||Mach Number|
|Subsonic||Mach < 1.0|
|Transonic||Mach = 1.0|
|Supersonic||Mach > 1.0|
|Hypersonic||Mach > 5.0|
Learn more about Mach number.
What Are Centimeters per Second?
Centimeters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in centimeters in one second.
The centimeter per second, or centimetre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Centimeters per second can be abbreviated as cm/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as cm/sec. For example, 1 centimeter per second can be written as 1 cm/s or 1 cm/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, cm/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Centimeters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dcm / tsec
The velocity in centimeters per second is equal to the distance in centimeters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about centimeters per second.
Mach to Centimeter per Second Conversion Table
|Mach Number||Centimeters Per Second|
|Mach 0.25||8,575 cm/s|
|Mach 0.5||17,150 cm/s|
|Mach 0.75||25,725 cm/s|
|Mach 1||34,300 cm/s|
|Mach 1.5||51,450 cm/s|
|Mach 2||68,600 cm/s|
|Mach 2.5||85,750 cm/s|
|Mach 3||102,900 cm/s|
|Mach 3.5||120,050 cm/s|
|Mach 4||137,200 cm/s|
|Mach 4.5||154,350 cm/s|
|Mach 5||171,500 cm/s|
|Mach 5.5||188,650 cm/s|
|Mach 6||205,800 cm/s|
|Mach 6.5||222,950 cm/s|
|Mach 7||240,100 cm/s|
|Mach 7.5||257,250 cm/s|
|Mach 8||274,400 cm/s|
|Mach 8.5||291,550 cm/s|
|Mach 9||308,700 cm/s|
|Mach 9.5||325,850 cm/s|
|Mach 10||343,000 cm/s|
- NASA, Mach Number, https://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/BGH/mach.html
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Mach & Centimeter per Second Conversions
- Mach number to knots
- Mach number to speed of sound
- Mach number to speed of light
- Mach number to miles per hour
- Mach number to feet per second
- Mach number to kilometers per second
- Mach number to kilometers per hour
- Mach number to meters per second
- knots to centimeters per second
- speed of sound to centimeters per second
- speed of light to centimeters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per hour to centimeters per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second