Speed of Sound to Centimeters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in speed of sound below to get the value converted to centimeters per second.
Do you want to convert centimeters per second to speed of sound?
How to Convert Speed of Sound to Centimeters per Second
To convert a measurement in speed of sound to a measurement in centimeters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 34,300 centimeters per second/speed of sound.
Since one speed of sound is equal to 34,300 centimeters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in centimeters per second is equal to the speed in speed of sound multiplied by 34,300.
Speed of sound and centimeters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is the Speed of Sound?
The speed of sound is the distance a sound wave travels through an elastic medium. The speed of sound through air at 20 °C is equal to 343 meters per second, or roughly 767 miles per hour.
Speed of sound can be abbreviated as sound; for example, 1 speed of sound can be written as 1 sound.
Learn more about the speed of sound.
What Are Centimeters per Second?
Centimeters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in centimeters in one second.
The centimeter per second, or centimetre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Centimeters per second can be abbreviated as cm/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as cm/sec. For example, 1 centimeter per second can be written as 1 cm/s or 1 cm/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, cm/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Centimeters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dcm / tsec
The velocity in centimeters per second is equal to the distance in centimeters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about centimeters per second.
Speed of Sound to Centimeter per Second Conversion Table
|Speed Of Sound||Centimeters Per Second|
|0.0001 sound||3.43 cm/s|
|0.0002 sound||6.86 cm/s|
|0.0003 sound||10.29 cm/s|
|0.0004 sound||13.72 cm/s|
|0.0005 sound||17.15 cm/s|
|0.0006 sound||20.58 cm/s|
|0.0007 sound||24.01 cm/s|
|0.0008 sound||27.44 cm/s|
|0.0009 sound||30.87 cm/s|
|0.001 sound||34.3 cm/s|
|0.002 sound||68.6 cm/s|
|0.003 sound||102.9 cm/s|
|0.004 sound||137.2 cm/s|
|0.005 sound||171.5 cm/s|
|0.006 sound||205.8 cm/s|
|0.007 sound||240.1 cm/s|
|0.008 sound||274.4 cm/s|
|0.009 sound||308.7 cm/s|
|0.01 sound||343 cm/s|
|0.02 sound||686 cm/s|
|0.03 sound||1,029 cm/s|
|0.04 sound||1,372 cm/s|
|0.05 sound||1,715 cm/s|
|0.06 sound||2,058 cm/s|
|0.07 sound||2,401 cm/s|
|0.08 sound||2,744 cm/s|
|0.09 sound||3,087 cm/s|
|0.1 sound||3,430 cm/s|
|0.2 sound||6,860 cm/s|
|0.3 sound||10,290 cm/s|
|0.4 sound||13,720 cm/s|
|0.5 sound||17,150 cm/s|
|0.6 sound||20,580 cm/s|
|0.7 sound||24,010 cm/s|
|0.8 sound||27,440 cm/s|
|0.9 sound||30,870 cm/s|
|1 sound||34,300 cm/s|
- CK-12, Speed of Sound, https://www.ck12.org/physics/speed-of-sound/lesson/Speed-of-Sound-MS-PS/
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Speed of Sound & Centimeter per Second Conversions
- speed of sound to knots
- speed of sound to Mach number
- speed of sound to speed of light
- speed of sound to miles per hour
- speed of sound to feet per second
- speed of sound to kilometers per second
- speed of sound to kilometers per hour
- speed of sound to meters per second
- knots to centimeters per second
- Mach number to centimeters per second
- speed of light to centimeters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per hour to centimeters per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second