Speed of Light to Centimeters per Second Converter
Enter the speed in speed of light below to get the value converted to centimeters per second.
Do you want to convert centimeters per second to speed of light?
How to Convert Speed of Light to Centimeters per Second
To convert a measurement in speed of light to a measurement in centimeters per second, multiply the speed by the following conversion ratio: 29,979,245,800 centimeters per second/speed of light.
Since one speed of light is equal to 29,979,245,800 centimeters per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in centimeters per second is equal to the speed in speed of light multiplied by 29,979,245,800.
Speed of light and centimeters per second are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What is the Speed of Light?
The speed of light is equal to exactly 299,792,458 meters per second, or 670,616,629 miles per hour. The definition of the speed of light is actually derived from the most recent 1983 international definition of the meter.
Speed of light can be abbreviated as c; for example, 1 speed of light can be written as 1 c.
Learn more about the speed of light.
What Are Centimeters per Second?
Centimeters per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in centimeters in one second.
The centimeter per second, or centimetre per second, is an SI unit of speed in the metric system. Centimeters per second can be abbreviated as cm/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as cm/sec. For example, 1 centimeter per second can be written as 1 cm/s or 1 cm/sec.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, cm/s is expressing a change in length or distance relative to a change in time.
Centimeters per second can be expressed using the formula:
vm/s = dcm / tsec
The velocity in centimeters per second is equal to the distance in centimeters divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about centimeters per second.
Speed of Light to Centimeter per Second Conversion Table
|Speed Of Light||Centimeters Per Second|
|0.0000000001 c||2.9979 cm/s|
|0.0000000002 c||5.9958 cm/s|
|0.0000000003 c||8.9938 cm/s|
|0.0000000004 c||11.99 cm/s|
|0.0000000005 c||14.99 cm/s|
|0.0000000006 c||17.99 cm/s|
|0.0000000007 c||20.99 cm/s|
|0.0000000008 c||23.98 cm/s|
|0.0000000009 c||26.98 cm/s|
|0.00000000001 c||0.299792 cm/s|
|0.0000000001 c||2.9979 cm/s|
|0.000000001 c||29.98 cm/s|
|0.00000001 c||299.79 cm/s|
|0.0000001 c||2,998 cm/s|
|0.000001 c||29,979 cm/s|
|0.00001 c||299,792 cm/s|
|0.0001 c||2,997,925 cm/s|
|0.001 c||29,979,246 cm/s|
|0.01 c||299,792,458 cm/s|
|0.1 c||2,997,924,580 cm/s|
|1 c||29,979,245,800 cm/s|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, SI Redefinition: Meter, https://www.nist.gov/si-redefinition/meter
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Speed of Light & Centimeter per Second Conversions
- speed of light to knots
- speed of light to Mach number
- speed of light to speed of sound
- speed of light to miles per hour
- speed of light to feet per second
- speed of light to kilometers per second
- speed of light to kilometers per hour
- speed of light to meters per second
- knots to centimeters per second
- Mach number to centimeters per second
- speed of sound to centimeters per second
- miles per hour to centimeters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per second to centimeters per second
- kilometers per hour to centimeters per second
- meters per second to centimeters per second