Feet per Second to Speed of Light Converter
Enter the speed in feet per second below to get the value converted to speed of light.
Do you want to convert speed of light to feet per second?
How to Convert Feet per Second to Speed of Light
To convert a foot per second measurement to a speed of light measurement, multiply the speed by the conversion ratio.
Since one foot per second is equal to 1.0167E-9 speed of light, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The speed in speed of light is equal to the feet per second multiplied by 1.0167E-9.
Feet per second and speed of light are both units used to measure speed. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Feet per Second?
Feet per second are a measurement of speed expressing the distance traveled in feet in one second.
The foot per second is a US customary and imperial unit of speed. Feet per second can be abbreviated as ft/s, and are also sometimes abbreviated as ft/sec or fps. For example, 1 foot per second can be written as 1 ft/s, 1 ft/sec, or 1 fps.
In formal expressions, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to separate units used to indicate division in an expression.
Feet per second can be expressed using the formula:
vft/s = dft / tsec
The velocity in feet per second is equal to the distance in feet divided by time in seconds.
Learn more about feet per second.
What is the Speed of Light?
The speed of light is equal to exactly 299,792,458 meters per second, or 670,616,629 miles per hour. The definition of the speed of light is actually derived from the most recent 1983 international definition of the meter.
Speed of light can be abbreviated as c; for example, 1 speed of light can be written as 1 c.
Learn more about the speed of light.
Foot per Second to Speed of Light Conversion Table
|Feet Per Second||Speed Of Light|
|1 ft/s||0.0000000010167 c|
|2 ft/s||0.0000000020334 c|
|3 ft/s||0.0000000030501 c|
|4 ft/s||0.0000000040668 c|
|5 ft/s||0.0000000050835 c|
|6 ft/s||0.0000000061002 c|
|7 ft/s||0.0000000071169 c|
|8 ft/s||0.0000000081336 c|
|9 ft/s||0.0000000091503 c|
|10 ft/s||0.000000010167 c|
|100 ft/s||0.00000010167 c|
|1,000 ft/s||0.0000010167 c|
|10,000 ft/s||0.000010167 c|
|100,000 ft/s||0.000102 c|
|1,000,000 ft/s||0.001017 c|
|10,000,000 ft/s||0.010167 c|
|100,000,000 ft/s||0.10167 c|
|1,000,000,000 ft/s||1.0167 c|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, SI Redefinition: Meter, https://www.nist.gov/si-redefinition/meter
More Foot per Second & Speed of Light Conversions
- feet per second to knots
- feet per second to Mach number
- feet per second to speed of sound
- feet per second to miles per hour
- feet per second to kilometers per second
- feet per second to kilometers per hour
- feet per second to meters per second
- feet per second to centimeters per second
- knots to speed of light
- Mach number to speed of light
- speed of sound to speed of light
- miles per hour to speed of light
- kilometers per second to speed of light
- kilometers per hour to speed of light
- meters per second to speed of light
- centimeters per second to speed of light