Convert Square Yards to Square Meters
Learn How to Convert Square Yards to Square Meters Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a square yard area measurement to a square meter measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. A square yard is equal to 0.836127 square meters, so to convert simply multiply by 0.836127.
For example, 5sq yd = (5 × 0.836127) = 4.180637sq m.
Learn more about finding the area of your space using our area calculator.
Square yards and square meters are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. A square yard is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq yd, for example 1sq yd. A square meter is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as sq m, for example 1sq m. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Acres Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 0.000207 acres
- Convert to Square Miles Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 3.2283E-7 square miles
- Convert to Square Feet Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 9 square feet
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 1,296 square inches
- Convert to Square Kilometers Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 8.3613E-7 square kilometers
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 8,361 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 836,127 square millimeters
Square Yard Measurements and Equivalent Square Meter Conversions
|Square Yards||Square Meters||Square Yards||Square Meters||Square Yards||Square Meters|