Convert Square Meters to Square Yards
Learn How to Convert Square Meters to Square Yards Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a square meter area measurement to a square yard measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. A square meter is equal to 1.19599 square yards, so to convert simply multiply by 1.19599.
For example, 5sq m = (5 × 1.19599) = 5.97995sq yd.
Learn more about finding the area of your space using our area calculator.
Square meters and square yards are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. A square meter is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as sq m, for example 1sq m. A square yard is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq yd, for example 1sq yd. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Acres Area
- 1sq m is equal to 0.000247 acres
- Convert to Square Miles Area
- 1sq m is equal to 3.861E-7 square miles
- Convert to Square Feet Area
- 1sq m is equal to 10.76391 square feet
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1sq m is equal to 1,550 square inches
- Convert to Square Kilometers Area
- 1sq m is equal to 1.0E-6 square kilometers
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1sq m is equal to 10,000 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1sq m is equal to 1,000,000 square millimeters
Square Meter Measurements and Equivalent Square Yard Conversions
|Square Meters||Square Yards||Square Meters||Square Yards||Square Meters||Square Yards|