Convert Square Yards to Square Feet
Learn How to Convert Square Yards to Square Feet Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a square yard area measurement to a square foot measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. A square yard is equal to 9 square feet, so to convert simply multiply by 9.
For example, 5sq yd = (5 × 9) = 45sq ft.
Learn more on how to find the square footage of your space using our square footage calculator.
Square yards and square feet are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. A square yard is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq yd, for example 1sq yd. A square foot is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq ft, for example 1sq ft.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Square Miles Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 3.2283E-7 square miles
- Convert to Acres Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 0.000207 acres
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 1,296 square inches
- Convert to Square Kilometers Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 8.3613E-7 square kilometers
- Convert to Hectares Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 8.3613E-5 hectares
- Convert to Ares Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 0.008361 ares
- Convert to Square Meters Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 0.836127 square meters
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 8,361 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1sq yd is equal to 836,127 square millimeters
Square Yard Measurements and Equivalent Square Foot Conversions
|Square Yards||Square Feet||Square Yards||Square Feet||Square Yards||Square Feet|