Kilograms per Square Meter to Bars Converter
Enter the pressure in kilograms per square meter below to get the value converted to bars.
Do you want to convert bars to kilograms per square meter?
How to Convert Kilograms per Square Meter to Bars
To convert a measurement in kilograms per square meter to a measurement in bars, multiply the pressure by the following conversion ratio: 9.8067E-5 bars/kilogram per square meter.
Since one kilogram per square meter is equal to 9.8067E-5 bars, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The pressure in bars is equal to the pressure in kilograms per square meter multiplied by 9.8067E-5.
Kilograms per square meter and bars are both units used to measure pressure. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Kilograms per Square Meter?
One kilogram per square meter is the pressure of equal to one kilogram-force per square meter.
The kilogram per square meter is a non-SI metric unit for pressure. A kilogram per square meter is sometimes also referred to as a kilogram per square metre or kilogram-force per meter square. Kilograms per square meter can be abbreviated as kgf/m²; for example, 1 kilogram per square meter can be written as 1 kgf/m².
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, kgf/m² is expressing a change in weight relative to a change in area.
The unit is deprecated and not permitted for use with SI units.
Kilograms per square meter can be expressed using the formula:
1 kgf/m2 = 1 kgf / m2
Pressure in kilograms per square meter are equal to the kilogram-force divided by the area in square meters.
Learn more about kilograms per square meter.
What is a Bar?
The bar is equal to 100,000 pascals, which are defined as the pressure of one newton per square meter. One bar is just less than the average atmospheric pressure.
The bar is a non-SI metric unit for pressure. Bars can be abbreviated as bar; for example, 1 bar can be written as 1 bar.
Learn more about bars.
Kilogram per Square Meter to Bar Conversion Table
|Kilograms Per Square Meter||Bars|
|1 kgf/m²||0.000098067 bar|
|2 kgf/m²||0.000196 bar|
|3 kgf/m²||0.000294 bar|
|4 kgf/m²||0.000392 bar|
|5 kgf/m²||0.00049 bar|
|6 kgf/m²||0.000588 bar|
|7 kgf/m²||0.000686 bar|
|8 kgf/m²||0.000785 bar|
|9 kgf/m²||0.000883 bar|
|10 kgf/m²||0.000981 bar|
|100 kgf/m²||0.009807 bar|
|1,000 kgf/m²||0.098067 bar|
|10,000 kgf/m²||0.980665 bar|
|100,000 kgf/m²||9.8067 bar|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Kilogram per Square Meter & Bar Conversions
- kilograms per square meter to pascals
- kilograms per square meter to hectopascals
- kilograms per square meter to atmospheres
- kilograms per square meter to millibars
- kilograms per square meter to kilograms per square centimeter
- kilograms per square meter to pounds per square inch
- kilograms per square meter to pounds per square foot
- kilograms per square meter to torr
- pascals to bars
- hectopascals to bars
- atmospheres to bars
- millibars to bars
- kilograms per square centimeter to bars
- pounds per square inch to bars
- pounds per square foot to bars
- torr to bars