Kilograms per Square Meter to Atmospheres Converter
Enter the pressure in kilograms per square meter below to get the value converted to atmospheres.
Do you want to convert atmospheres to kilograms per square meter?
How to Convert Kilograms per Square Meter to Atmospheres
To convert a measurement in kilograms per square meter to a measurement in atmospheres, multiply the pressure by the following conversion ratio: 9.6784E-5 atmospheres/kilogram per square meter.
Since one kilogram per square meter is equal to 9.6784E-5 atmospheres, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The pressure in atmospheres is equal to the pressure in kilograms per square meter multiplied by 9.6784E-5.
Kilograms per square meter and atmospheres are both units used to measure pressure. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Kilograms per Square Meter?
One kilogram per square meter is the pressure of equal to one kilogram-force per square meter.
The kilogram per square meter is a non-SI metric unit for pressure. A kilogram per square meter is sometimes also referred to as a kilogram per square metre or kilogram-force per meter square. Kilograms per square meter can be abbreviated as kgf/m²; for example, 1 kilogram per square meter can be written as 1 kgf/m².
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, kgf/m² is expressing a change in weight relative to a change in area.
The unit is deprecated and not permitted for use with SI units.
Kilograms per square meter can be expressed using the formula:
1 kgf/m2 = 1 kgf / m2
Pressure in kilograms per square meter are equal to the kilogram-force divided by the area in square meters.
Learn more about kilograms per square meter.
What is an Atmosphere?
The atmosphere is a reference measure of pressure equal to 101,325 pascals or 1,013,250 dynes. The atmosphere was originally defined as the pressure of 760 millimeters of mercury at standard gravity at 0 °C, but was later redefined in 1954 to be equal to 1,013,250 dynes.
Atmospheres can be abbreviated as atm; for example, 1 atmosphere can be written as 1 atm.
Learn more about atmospheres.
Kilogram per Square Meter to Atmosphere Conversion Table
|Kilograms Per Square Meter||Atmospheres|
|1 kgf/m²||0.000096784 atm|
|2 kgf/m²||0.000194 atm|
|3 kgf/m²||0.00029 atm|
|4 kgf/m²||0.000387 atm|
|5 kgf/m²||0.000484 atm|
|6 kgf/m²||0.000581 atm|
|7 kgf/m²||0.000677 atm|
|8 kgf/m²||0.000774 atm|
|9 kgf/m²||0.000871 atm|
|10 kgf/m²||0.000968 atm|
|100 kgf/m²||0.009678 atm|
|1,000 kgf/m²||0.096784 atm|
|10,000 kgf/m²||0.967841 atm|
|100,000 kgf/m²||9.6784 atm|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Kilogram per Square Meter & Atmosphere Conversions
- kilograms per square meter to pascals
- kilograms per square meter to hectopascals
- kilograms per square meter to bars
- kilograms per square meter to millibars
- kilograms per square meter to kilograms per square centimeter
- kilograms per square meter to pounds per square inch
- kilograms per square meter to pounds per square foot
- kilograms per square meter to torr
- pascals to atmospheres
- hectopascals to atmospheres
- bars to atmospheres
- millibars to atmospheres
- kilograms per square centimeter to atmospheres
- pounds per square inch to atmospheres
- pounds per square foot to atmospheres
- torr to atmospheres