Convert Bars to Atmospheres
Learn How to Convert Bars to Atmospheres Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a bar pressure measurement to an atmosphere measurement involves multiplying your pressure by the conversion ratio to find the result. A bar is equal to 0.986923 atmospheres, so to convert simply multiply by 0.986923.
For example, 5b = (5 × 0.986923) = 4.934616atm.
Bars and atmospheres are both units used to measure pressure. Learn more about pressure and find more pressure measurement conversion calculators. A bar is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as b, for example 1b. An atmosphere is a pressure measurement and can be abbreviated as atm, for example 1atm. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Pressure Conversions
- Convert to Pascals Pressure
- 1b is equal to 100,000 pascals
- Convert to Hectopascals Pressure
- 1b is equal to 1,000 hectopascals
- Convert to Millibars Pressure
- 1b is equal to 1,000 millibars
- Convert to Kilograms Per Square Centimeter Pressure
- 1b is equal to 1.019716 kilograms per square centimeter
- Convert to Kilograms Per Square Meter Pressure
- 1b is equal to 10,197 kilograms per square meter
- Convert to Pounds Per Square Inch Pressure
- 1b is equal to 14.503789 pounds per square inch
- Convert to Pounds Per Square Foot Pressure
- 1b is equal to 2,089 pounds per square foot
- Convert to Torr Pressure
- 1b is equal to 750.061683 torr
Bar Measurements and Equivalent Atmosphere Conversions