Convert Bars to Millibars
Learn How to Convert Bars to Millibars Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a bar pressure measurement to a millibar measurement involves multiplying your pressure by the conversion ratio to find the result. A bar is equal to 1000 millibars, so to convert simply multiply by 1000.
For example, 5b = (5 × 1000) = 5,000 millibars.
Bars and millibars are both units used to measure pressure. Learn more about pressure and find more pressure measurement conversion calculators. A bar is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as b, for example 1b. A millibar is a metric measurement. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Pressure Conversions
- Convert to Pascals Pressure
- 1b is equal to 100,000 pascals
- Convert to Hectopascals Pressure
- 1b is equal to 1,000 hectopascals
- Convert to Atmospheres Pressure
- 1b is equal to 0.986923 atmospheres
- Convert to Kilograms Per Square Centimeter Pressure
- 1b is equal to 1.019716 kilograms per square centimeter
- Convert to Kilograms Per Square Meter Pressure
- 1b is equal to 10,197 kilograms per square meter
- Convert to Pounds Per Square Inch Pressure
- 1b is equal to 14.503789 pounds per square inch
- Convert to Pounds Per Square Foot Pressure
- 1b is equal to 2,089 pounds per square foot
- Convert to Torr Pressure
- 1b is equal to 750.061683 torr
Bar Measurements and Equivalent Millibar Conversions