Convert Pounds to Tons
Enter your pound value in the form below to get the value calculated in tons.
How to Convert Pounds to Tons Using an Easy Conversion Formula
Converting a pound weight measurement to a ton measurement involves multiplying your weight by the conversion ratio to find the result. A pound is equal to 0.0005 tons, so to convert simply multiply by 0.0005.
Pounds and tons are both units used to measure weight. Learn more about weight and find more weight measurement conversion calculators. A pound is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as lb, for example 1lb. A ton is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as T, for example 1T.
Pound Measurements and Equivalent Ton Conversions
More Weight Conversions
- Convert to Ounces Weight
- 1lb is equal to 16 ounces
- Convert to Metric Tons Weight
- 1lb is equal to 0.000454 metric tons
- Convert to Kilograms Weight
- 1lb is equal to 0.453592 kilograms
- Convert to Grams Weight
- 1lb is equal to 453.59237 grams
- Convert to Milligrams Weight
- 1lb is equal to 453,592 milligrams
- Convert to Carats Weight
- 1lb is equal to 2,268 carats