Convert Metric Tons to Tons
Learn How to Convert Metric Tons to Tons Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a metric ton weight measurement to a ton measurement involves multiplying your weight by the conversion ratio to find the result. A metric ton is equal to 1.102311 tons, so to convert simply multiply by 1.102311.
For example, 5MT = (5 × 1.102311) = 5.511557T.
Metric tons and tons are both units used to measure weight. Learn more about weight and find more weight measurement conversion calculators. A metric ton is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as MT, for example 1MT. A ton is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as T, for example 1T. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Weight Conversions
- Convert to Pounds Weight
- 1MT is equal to 2,205 pounds
- Convert to Ounces Weight
- 1MT is equal to 35,274 ounces
- Convert to Kilograms Weight
- 1MT is equal to 1,000 kilograms
- Convert to Grams Weight
- 1MT is equal to 1,000,000 grams
- Convert to Milligrams Weight
- 1MT is equal to 1,000,000,000 milligrams
- Convert to Carats Weight
- 1MT is equal to 5,000,000 carats
Metric Ton Measurements and Equivalent Ton Conversions
|Metric Tons||Tons||Metric Tons||Tons||Metric Tons||Tons|