Convert Pounds to Grams
Learn How to Convert Pounds to Grams Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a pound weight measurement to a gram measurement involves multiplying your weight by the conversion ratio to find the result. A pound is equal to 453.59237 grams, so to convert simply multiply by 453.59237.
For example, 5lb = (5 × 453.59237) = 2,267.96185g.
Pounds and grams are both units used to measure weight. Learn more about weight and find more weight measurement conversion calculators. A pound is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as lb, for example 1lb. A gram is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as g, for example 1g. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Weight Conversions
- Convert to Tons Weight
- 1lb is equal to 0.0005 tons
- Convert to Ounces Weight
- 1lb is equal to 16 ounces
- Convert to Metric Tons Weight
- 1lb is equal to 0.000454 metric tons
- Convert to Kilograms Weight
- 1lb is equal to 0.453592 kilograms
- Convert to Milligrams Weight
- 1lb is equal to 453,592 milligrams
- Convert to Carats Weight
- 1lb is equal to 2,268 carats
Pound Measurements and Equivalent Gram Conversions