Convert Kilograms to Grams
Learn How to Convert Kilograms to Grams Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a kilogram weight measurement to a gram measurement involves multiplying your weight by the conversion ratio to find the result. A kilogram is equal to 1000 grams, so to convert simply multiply by 1000.
For example, 5kg = (5 × 1000) = 5,000g.
Kilograms and grams are both units used to measure weight. Learn more about weight and find more weight measurement conversion calculators. A kilogram is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as kg, for example 1kg. A gram is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as g, for example 1g. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Weight Conversions
- Convert to Tons Weight
- 1kg is equal to 0.001102 tons
- Convert to Pounds Weight
- 1kg is equal to 2.204623 pounds
- Convert to Ounces Weight
- 1kg is equal to 35.273962 ounces
- Convert to Metric Tons Weight
- 1kg is equal to 0.001 metric tons
- Convert to Milligrams Weight
- 1kg is equal to 1,000,000 milligrams
- Convert to Carats Weight
- 1kg is equal to 5,000 carats
Kilogram Measurements and Equivalent Gram Conversions