Convert Tons to Pounds
Learn How to Convert Tons to Pounds Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a ton weight measurement to a pound measurement involves multiplying your weight by the conversion ratio to find the result. A ton is equal to 2000 pounds, so to convert simply multiply by 2000.
For example, 5T = (5 × 2000) = 10,000lb.
Tons and pounds are both units used to measure weight. Learn more about weight and find more weight measurement conversion calculators. A ton is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as T, for example 1T. A pound is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as lb, for example 1lb.
More Weight Conversions
- Convert to Ounces Weight
- 1T is equal to 32,000 ounces
- Convert to Metric Tons Weight
- 1T is equal to 0.907185 metric tons
- Convert to Kilograms Weight
- 1T is equal to 907.18474 kilograms
- Convert to Grams Weight
- 1T is equal to 907,185 grams
- Convert to Milligrams Weight
- 1T is equal to 907,184,740 milligrams
- Convert to Carats Weight
- 1T is equal to 4,535,924 carats
Ton Measurements and Equivalent Pound Conversions