Convert Yards to Miles
Learn How to Convert Yards to Miles Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a yard length measurement to a mile measurement involves multiplying your length by the conversion ratio to find the result. A yard is equal to 0.000568 miles, so to convert simply multiply by 0.000568.
For example, 5yd = (5 × 0.000568) = 0.002841mi.
Yards and miles are both units used to measure length. Learn more about length and find more length measurement conversion calculators. A yard is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as yd, for example 1yd. A mile is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mi, for example 1mi.
In 1959 the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa agreed to define the yard as yard as exactly 0.9144 meters. Historically the yard has been a common form of measurement with its usage dating back to the Romans. In the US, fabrics and carpeting is sold by the square yard, which is equal to an area 1yd by 1yd.
We recommend using a ruler or tape measure for measuring length, which can be found at a local retailer or home center. Rulers are available in imperial, metric, or combination with both values, so make sure you get the correct type for your needs. If you need a ruler you can also download and print our free printable rulers which include both imperial and metric measurements.
More Length Conversions
- Convert to Feet Length
- 1yd is equal to 3 feet
- Convert to Inches Length
- 1yd is equal to 36 inches
- Convert to Kilometers Length
- 1yd is equal to 0.000914 kilometers
- Convert to Meters Length
- 1yd is equal to 0.9144 meters
- Convert to Centimeters Length
- 1yd is equal to 91.44 centimeters
- Convert to Millimeters Length
- 1yd is equal to 914.4 millimeters
- Convert to Micrometers Length
- 1yd is equal to 914,400 micrometers
- Convert to Nanometers Length
- 1yd is equal to 914,400,000 nanometers
Yard Measurements and Equivalent Mile Conversions