Convert Meters to Miles
Learn How to Convert Meters to Miles Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a meter length measurement to a mile measurement involves multiplying your length by the conversion ratio to find the result. A meter is equal to 0.000621 miles, so to convert simply multiply by 0.000621.
For example, 5m = (5 × 0.000621) = 0.003107mi.
Meters and miles are both units used to measure length. Learn more about length and find more length measurement conversion calculators. A meter is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as m, for example 1m. A mile is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mi, for example 1mi. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
The meter is the primary unit of length in the metric system. It's equal to 100 centimeters or 39.37 inches. Internationally it is actually spelled metre. It was first defined 1793 as 1/10,000,000 the length from the equator to the North Pole. The current definition of a meter, adopted in 1983, is the distance light travels in 1/299,792,458 seconds and was adopted to in 1983.
We recommend using a ruler or tape measure for measuring length, which can be found at a local retailer or home center. Rulers are available in imperial, metric, or combination with both values, so make sure you get the correct type for your needs. If you need a ruler you can also download and print our free printable rulers which include both imperial and metric measurements.
More Length Conversions
- Convert to Yards Length
- 1m is equal to 1.093613 yards
- Convert to Feet Length
- 1m is equal to 3.28084 feet
- Convert to Inches Length
- 1m is equal to 39.370079 inches
- Convert to Kilometers Length
- 1m is equal to 0.001 kilometers
- Convert to Centimeters Length
- 1m is equal to 100 centimeters
- Convert to Millimeters Length
- 1m is equal to 1,000 millimeters
- Convert to Micrometers Length
- 1m is equal to 1,000,000 micrometers
- Convert to Nanometers Length
- 1m is equal to 1,000,000,000 nanometers
Meter Measurements and Equivalent Mile Conversions