Convert Kilometers to Miles
Enter your kilometer value in the form below to get the value calculated in miles.
How to Convert Kilometers to Miles Using an Easy Conversion Formula
Converting a kilometer length measurement to a mile measurement involves multiplying your length by the conversion ratio to find the result. A kilometer is equal to 0.621371 miles, so to convert simply multiply by 0.621371.
Kilometers and miles are both units used to measure length. Learn more about length and find more length measurement conversion calculators. A kilometer is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as km, for example 1km. A mile is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as mi, for example 1mi. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
We recommend using a ruler or tape measure for measuring length, which can be found at a local retailer or home center. Rulers are available in imperial, metric, or combination with both values, so make sure you get the correct type for your needs. If you need a ruler you can also download and print our free printable rulers which include both imperial and metric measurements.
Kilometer Measurements and Equivalent Mile Conversions
More Length Conversions
- Convert to Yards Length
- 1km is equal to 1,094 yards
- Convert to Feet Length
- 1km is equal to 3,281 feet
- Convert to Inches Length
- 1km is equal to 39,370 inches
- Convert to Meters Length
- 1km is equal to 1,000 meters
- Convert to Centimeters Length
- 1km is equal to 100,000 centimeters
- Convert to Millimeters Length
- 1km is equal to 1,000,000 millimeters
- Convert to Micrometers Length
- 1km is equal to 1,000,000,000 micrometers
- Convert to Nanometers Length
- 1km is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 nanometers