Convert Kilometers to Feet & Inches
Enter the length in kilometers below to get the value converted to feet.
1 km = 3280' 10 5/64"
How to Convert Kilometers to Feet
To convert a kilometer measurement to a foot measurement, multiply the length by the conversion ratio. One kilometer is equal to 3,280.839895 feet, so use this simple formula to convert:
The length in feet is equal to the kilometers multiplied by 3,280.839895.
Our inch fraction calculator can add kilometers and feet together and it also automatically converts the results to US customary, imperial and SI metric values.
Kilometers and feet are both units used to measure length. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
The kilometer, or kilometre, is a multiple of the meter, which is the SI base unit for length. In the metric system, "kilo" is the prefix for 103. Kilometers can be abbreviated as km, for example 1 kilometer can be written as 1 km.
The foot is a unit of linear length measure equal to 12 inches or 1/3 of a yard. Because the international yard is legally defined to be equal to exactly 0.9144 meters, one foot is equal to 0.3048 meters.
The foot is a US customary and imperial unit of length. Feet can be abbreviated as ft, for example 1 foot can be written as 1 ft.
Feet can also be denoted using the ′ symbol, otherwise know as a prime, though a single-quote (') is often used instead of the prime symbol for convenience. Using the prime, 1 ft can be written as 1′.
The foot is most commonly measured using either a standard 12" ruler or a tape measure, though there are many other measuring devices available.. Feet are sometimes referred to as linear feet, which is simply the value of a length in feet, learn more.
You might be interested in our feet and inches calculator, which can add feet with inches, centimeters, or meters.
We recommend using a ruler or tape measure for measuring length, which can be found at a local retailer or home center. Rulers are available in imperial, metric, or combination with both values, so make sure you get the correct type for your needs.
If you need a ruler you can also download and print our free printable rulers, which include both imperial and metric measurements.
Kilometer Measurements and Equivalent Foot Conversions
- Ambler Thompson and Barry N. Taylor, Guide for the Use of the International System of Units (SI), National Institute of Standards and Technology, https://physics.nist.gov/cuu/pdf/sp811.pdf
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Survey Foot: Revised Unit Conversion Factors, https://www.nist.gov/pml/us-surveyfoot/revised-unit-conversion-factors
More Kilometer Length Conversions
- Convert to Miles
- 1 km is equal to 0.621371 miles
- Convert to Yards
- 1 km is equal to 1,093.61 yards
- Convert to Inches
- 1 km is equal to 39,370.1 inches
- Convert to Meters
- 1 km is equal to 1,000 meters
- Convert to Centimeters
- 1 km is equal to 100,000 centimeters
- Convert to Millimeters
- 1 km is equal to 1,000,000 millimeters
- Convert to Micrometers
- 1 km is equal to 1,000,000,000 micrometers
- Convert to Nanometers
- 1 km is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 nanometers