Degrees per Second to Hertz Converter
Enter the frequency in degrees per second below to get the value converted to hertz.
Do you want to convert hertz to degrees per second?
How to Convert Degrees per Second to Hertz
To convert a measurement in degrees per second to a measurement in hertz, divide the frequency by the following conversion ratio: 360 degrees per second/hertz.
Since one hertz is equal to 360 degrees per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The frequency in hertz is equal to the frequency in degrees per second divided by 360.
Degrees per second and hertz are both units used to measure frequency. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Degrees per Second?
Degrees per second are a measure of angular frequency, or rotational speed, equal to the change in orientation or angle of an object in degrees per second.
Degrees per second can be abbreviated as °/s; for example, 1 degree per second can be written as 1 °/s.
In the expressions of units, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to express a change in one or more units relative to a change in one or more other units. For example, °/s is expressing a change in angle relative to a change in time.
Learn more about degrees per second.
What is a Hertz?
One hertz is formally defined as the frequency of one cycle per second.
The hertz is the SI derived unit for frequency in the metric system. Hertz can be abbreviated as Hz; for example, 1 hertz can be written as 1 Hz.
Frequency in hertz can be expressed using the formula:
Hz = Cycles / Time in Seconds
Learn more about hertz.
Degree per Second to Hertz Conversion Table
|Degrees Per Second||Hertz|
|1 °/s||0.002778 Hz|
|2 °/s||0.005556 Hz|
|3 °/s||0.008333 Hz|
|4 °/s||0.011111 Hz|
|5 °/s||0.013889 Hz|
|6 °/s||0.016667 Hz|
|7 °/s||0.019444 Hz|
|8 °/s||0.022222 Hz|
|9 °/s||0.025 Hz|
|10 °/s||0.027778 Hz|
|20 °/s||0.055556 Hz|
|30 °/s||0.083333 Hz|
|40 °/s||0.111111 Hz|
|50 °/s||0.138889 Hz|
|60 °/s||0.166667 Hz|
|70 °/s||0.194444 Hz|
|80 °/s||0.222222 Hz|
|90 °/s||0.25 Hz|
|100 °/s||0.277778 Hz|
|200 °/s||0.555556 Hz|
|300 °/s||0.833333 Hz|
|400 °/s||1.1111 Hz|
|500 °/s||1.3889 Hz|
|600 °/s||1.6667 Hz|
|700 °/s||1.9444 Hz|
|800 °/s||2.2222 Hz|
|900 °/s||2.5 Hz|
|1,000 °/s||2.7778 Hz|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, SI Units - Time, https://www.nist.gov/pml/owm/si-units-time
More Degree per Second & Hertz Conversions
- degrees per second to kilohertz
- degrees per second to megahertz
- degrees per second to gigahertz
- degrees per second to terahertz
- degrees per second to cycles per second
- degrees per second to revolutions per minute
- degrees per second to radians per second
- kilohertz to hertz
- megahertz to hertz
- gigahertz to hertz
- terahertz to hertz
- cycles per second to hertz
- revolutions per minute to hertz
- radians per second to hertz