Degrees per Second to Cycles per Second Converter
Enter the frequency in degrees per second below to get the value converted to cycles per second.
Do you want to convert cycles per second to degrees per second?
How to Convert Degrees per Second to Cycles per Second
To convert a degree per second measurement to a cycle per second measurement, divide the frequency by the conversion ratio.
Since one cycle per second is equal to 360 degrees per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The frequency in cycles per second is equal to the degrees per second divided by 360.
Degrees per second and cycles per second are both units used to measure frequency. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Degrees per Second?
Degrees per second are a measure of angular frequency, or rotational speed, equal to the change in orientation or angle of an object in degrees per second.
Degrees per second can be abbreviated as °/s; for example, 1 degree per second can be written as 1 °/s.
In formal expressions, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to separate units used to indicate division in an expression.
Learn more about degrees per second.
What Are Cycles per Second?
Cycles per second are a measure of the number of oscillations, or cycles, that occur per second.
Cycles per second can be abbreviated as cps, and are also sometimes abbreviated as c/s or cycles/second. For example, 1 cycle per second can be written as 1 cps, 1 c/s, or 1 cycles/second.
Cycles per second can be expressed using the formula: cps = Cycles / Times
Learn more about cycles per second.
Degree per Second to Cycle per Second Conversion Table
|Degrees Per Second||Cycles Per Second|
|1 °/s||0.002778 cps|
|2 °/s||0.005556 cps|
|3 °/s||0.008333 cps|
|4 °/s||0.011111 cps|
|5 °/s||0.013889 cps|
|6 °/s||0.016667 cps|
|7 °/s||0.019444 cps|
|8 °/s||0.022222 cps|
|9 °/s||0.025 cps|
|10 °/s||0.027778 cps|
|20 °/s||0.055556 cps|
|30 °/s||0.083333 cps|
|40 °/s||0.111111 cps|
|50 °/s||0.138889 cps|
|60 °/s||0.166667 cps|
|70 °/s||0.194444 cps|
|80 °/s||0.222222 cps|
|90 °/s||0.25 cps|
|100 °/s||0.277778 cps|
|200 °/s||0.555556 cps|
|300 °/s||0.833333 cps|
|400 °/s||1.1111 cps|
|500 °/s||1.3889 cps|
|600 °/s||1.6667 cps|
|700 °/s||1.9444 cps|
|800 °/s||2.2222 cps|
|900 °/s||2.5 cps|
|1,000 °/s||2.7778 cps|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Degree per Second & Cycle per Second Conversions
- degrees per second to hertz
- degrees per second to kilohertz
- degrees per second to megahertz
- degrees per second to gigahertz
- degrees per second to terahertz
- degrees per second to revolutions per minute
- degrees per second to radians per second
- hertz to cycles per second
- kilohertz to cycles per second
- megahertz to cycles per second
- gigahertz to cycles per second
- terahertz to cycles per second
- revolutions per minute to cycles per second
- radians per second to cycles per second