Radians per Second to Cycles per Second Converter
Enter the frequency in radians per second below to get the value converted to cycles per second.
Do you want to convert cycles per second to radians per second?
How to Convert Radians per Second to Cycles per Second
To convert a radian per second measurement to a cycle per second measurement, multiply the frequency by the conversion ratio.
Since one radian per second is equal to 0.159155 cycles per second, you can use this simple formula to convert:
The frequency in cycles per second is equal to the radians per second multiplied by 0.159155.
How Many Cycles per Second Are in a Radian per Second?
There are 0.159155 cycles per second in a radian per second, which is why we use this value in the formula above.
1 rad/s = 0.159155 cps
Radians per second and cycles per second are both units used to measure frequency. Keep reading to learn more about each unit of measure.
What Are Radians per Second?
Radians per second are a measure of angular frequency, or rotational speed, equal to the change in orientation or angle of an object in radians per second.
Radians per second can be abbreviated as rad/s; for example, 1 radian per second can be written as 1 rad/s.
In formal expressions, the slash, or solidus (/), is used to separate units used to indicate division in an expression.
Learn more about radians per second.
What Are Cycles per Second?
Cycles per second are a measure of the number of oscillations, or cycles, that occur per second.
Cycles per second can be abbreviated as cps, and are also sometimes abbreviated as c/s or cycles/second. For example, 1 cycle per second can be written as 1 cps, 1 c/s, or 1 cycles/second.
Cycles per second can be expressed using the formula: cps = Cycles / Times
Learn more about cycles per second.
Radian per Second to Cycle per Second Conversion Table
|Radians Per Second||Cycles Per Second|
|1 rad/s||0.159155 cps|
|2 rad/s||0.31831 cps|
|3 rad/s||0.477465 cps|
|4 rad/s||0.63662 cps|
|5 rad/s||0.795775 cps|
|6 rad/s||0.95493 cps|
|7 rad/s||1.1141 cps|
|8 rad/s||1.2732 cps|
|9 rad/s||1.4324 cps|
|10 rad/s||1.5915 cps|
|11 rad/s||1.7507 cps|
|12 rad/s||1.9099 cps|
|13 rad/s||2.069 cps|
|14 rad/s||2.2282 cps|
|15 rad/s||2.3873 cps|
|16 rad/s||2.5465 cps|
|17 rad/s||2.7056 cps|
|18 rad/s||2.8648 cps|
|19 rad/s||3.0239 cps|
|20 rad/s||3.1831 cps|
|21 rad/s||3.3423 cps|
|22 rad/s||3.5014 cps|
|23 rad/s||3.6606 cps|
|24 rad/s||3.8197 cps|
|25 rad/s||3.9789 cps|
|26 rad/s||4.138 cps|
|27 rad/s||4.2972 cps|
|28 rad/s||4.4563 cps|
|29 rad/s||4.6155 cps|
|30 rad/s||4.7746 cps|
|31 rad/s||4.9338 cps|
|32 rad/s||5.093 cps|
|33 rad/s||5.2521 cps|
|34 rad/s||5.4113 cps|
|35 rad/s||5.5704 cps|
|36 rad/s||5.7296 cps|
|37 rad/s||5.8887 cps|
|38 rad/s||6.0479 cps|
|39 rad/s||6.207 cps|
|40 rad/s||6.3662 cps|
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Guide to the SI, Chapter 6: Rules and Style Conventions for Printing and Using Units, https://www.nist.gov/pml/special-publication-811/nist-guide-si-chapter-6-rules-and-style-conventions-printing-and-using
More Radian per Second & Cycle per Second Conversions
- radians per second to hertz
- radians per second to kilohertz
- radians per second to megahertz
- radians per second to gigahertz
- radians per second to terahertz
- radians per second to revolutions per minute
- radians per second to degrees per second
- hertz to cycles per second
- kilohertz to cycles per second
- megahertz to cycles per second
- gigahertz to cycles per second
- terahertz to cycles per second
- revolutions per minute to cycles per second
- degrees per second to cycles per second