Convert Acres to Hectares
Learn How to Convert Acres to Hectares Using our Conversion Formula
Converting an acre area measurement to a hectare measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. An acre is equal to 0.404683 hectares, so to convert simply multiply by 0.404683.
For example, 5ac = (5 × 0.404683) = 2.023413ha.
Use an acreage calculator to find the area of a plot of land in acres by locating the boundaries on a map.
Acres and hectares are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. An acre is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as ac, for example 1ac. A hectare is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as ha, for example 1ha. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Square Miles Area
- 1ac is equal to 0.001562 square miles
- Convert to Square Yards Area
- 1ac is equal to 4,840 square yards
- Convert to Square Feet Area
- 1ac is equal to 43,560 square feet
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1ac is equal to 6,272,592 square inches
- Convert to Square Kilometers Area
- 1ac is equal to 0.004047 square kilometers
- Convert to Ares Area
- 1ac is equal to 40.468253 ares
- Convert to Square Meters Area
- 1ac is equal to 4,047 square meters
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1ac is equal to 40,468,253 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1ac is equal to 4,046,825,252 square millimeters
Acre Measurements and Equivalent Hectare Conversions