Convert Square Kilometers to Square Miles
Learn How to Convert Square Kilometers to Square Miles Using our Conversion Formula
Converting a square kilometer area measurement to a square mile measurement involves multiplying your area by the conversion ratio to find the result. A square kilometer is equal to 0.386102 square miles, so to convert simply multiply by 0.386102.
For example, 5sq km = (5 × 0.386102) = 1.930511sq mi.
Learn more about finding the area of your space using our area calculator.
Square kilometers and square miles are both units used to measure area. Learn more about area and find more area measurement conversion calculators. A square kilometer is a metric measurement and can be abbreviated as sq km, for example 1sq km. A square mile is an imperial measurement and can be abbreviated as sq mi, for example 1sq mi. Learn more about the metric system, including the common unit prefixes and how to convert between metric units.
More Area Conversions
- Convert to Acres Area
- 1sq km is equal to 247.107285 acres
- Convert to Square Yards Area
- 1sq km is equal to 1,195,990 square yards
- Convert to Square Feet Area
- 1sq km is equal to 10,763,910 square feet
- Convert to Square Inches Area
- 1sq km is equal to 1,550,003,100 square inches
- Convert to Square Meters Area
- 1sq km is equal to 1,000,000 square meters
- Convert to Square Centimeters Area
- 1sq km is equal to 10,000,000,000 square centimeters
- Convert to Square Millimeters Area
- 1sq km is equal to 1,000,000,000,000 square millimeters
Square Kilometer Measurements and Equivalent Square Mile Conversions
|Square Kilometers||Square Miles||Square Kilometers||Square Miles||Square Kilometers||Square Miles|